Fire and Security Engineer
SALARY: £23,000 to £30,000 based on experience - Company van, mobile phone/PDA provided
Fire and Security Engineer Job Summary:
Safeguard Security Systems Scotland Ltd is a family owned business and our absolute priority is to ensure all customers receive the best service possible, at all times in all situations.
Due to our continued growth Safeguard Security Systems Scotland Ltd are currently looking for a qualified Fire and Security Engineer who will be responsible for the service and maintenance (some installation work may so be required) of security systems. As a Fire and Security Engineer, within our team you will also be responsible for growing and developing existing client relationships, proactively servicing present customers and reacting to their needs.
At Safeguard Security Systems Ltd, we possess the leading industry standard of NSI Gold Accreditation for Fire, Intruder, CCTV and Access Control and are BAFE certified for fire protection.
The role will be field-based; it covers mainly the Ayrshire region and surrounding areas in Scotland.
Fire and Security Engineer Main Responsibilities:
* Installation, Service & Maintenance on CCTV Systems, Fire Alarms & Intruder Alarms.
* To provide callout response for the client as detailed on the callout rota.
* To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensures customer satisfaction.
* Take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
* Ensure that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents and records are maintained accurately.
* Compliance at all times with Health and Safety legislation.
The post holder may be required to undertake additional duties which might reasonably be expected and which form part of the function of the post.
Fire and Security Engineer Required Skills:
The ideal candidate must:
* Have a minimum of two years' experience working within the industry as a fully qualified Security Systems Engineer.
* Be compliant with existing Health and Safety legislation
* Have a comprehensive understanding of power tool operations
* Have experience of working on CCTV Security Systems ( HD and IP) Intruder Alarms (Galaxy, RISCO, Pyrnoix) and Access Control (Paxton/Videx)
* Have experience of working on Fire systems ( Analogue and Addressable) which includes Advanced/Kentec and Gent
* Be able to deliver excellent customer service at all times, presenting a professional image through high standards of personal appearance including upkeep of workwear and vehicle
* Be honest, friendly, reliable, able to show empathy when required and be able to work well as part of a team
* Have good verbal and written communication skills
* Have the ability to communicate and interact easily with customers
* Be efficient and organised with strong attention to detail
* Have a positive 'can-do' attitude,
* Be able to take responsibility and use initiative for up-skilling where required
If you would like to join our ever growing team at Safeguard then please get in touch