Health & Social Care Apprenticeship Tutors - Are you currently looking for a new role?
I'm currently assisting a new client in finding an experienced Health & Social Care Trainer/ Coach to join their company.
One of Wales' leading training providers, this company has been established close to 20 years and provides apprenticeship programmes and training across South Wales in a number of different sectors. You will be covering Health & Social Care up to level 5.
Being field based, it will be your responsiblity to visit learners (once it's safe to do so) who are undertaking an apprenticeship programme. You will manage, review, assess and train these learners.
Applicants must have a level 5 or above in Health & Social Care and occupational competency in the role.
- Plan and deliver Apprenticeship programmes according to relevant Awarding Bodies, Standards, funding and organisational requirements
- Plan and deliver workshops or 'off-the job' training sessions where necessary to provide effective teaching and learning opportunities to fulfil requirements of the programme
- Prepare and develop resources to support delivery of the learning programme
- Provide support, information and guidance to learners through a coaching model
- Completion of timely learner progress reviews and target setting
- Track learner progression and assess achievement to ensure timely completion of programmes
- Support, deliver and develop learners awareness and skills in areas including literacy, numeracy, digital literacy, employability, Welsh Language and sustainability
- Support contract, quality and compliance requirements to ensure learner and caseload targets are met
- Contribute, support and comply with all contract requirements and corporate strategies including but not restricted to: Health & Safety Code of Practice, Contract & Audit requirements, Awarding Body requirements, Information Security Requirements, Safeguarding
- Plan, implement and deliver the basic skills, numeracy, literacy and digital literacy strategies in line with any changes, the quality strategy and Awarding Body requirements
- Maintain accurate records of learner assessments and achievements
- Accredit successful completion of learner tasks including work based activities in line with assessment and verification policy, completing all related administrative activities
- Maintain efficient record keeping and tracking systems using the systems provided and stipulated and report agreed targets in a timely manner against agreed deadlines
- Conduct assessment, evaluation and progress reviews as appropriate. Providing of regular and purposeful reports to employers, apprentices, learners and line managers so that there is a clear plan of action which is time bound for each learner and which allows completion with agreed target dates
- Have a commitment to continued professional development and a willingness to explore opportunities for further development
- Level 5 or equivalent in vocational route
- Occupational competence within subject area
- Level 3 Practitioner Award in Literacy, Numeracy or Digital Literacy
- Experience of assessing vocational qualifications
- Assessing and/or verifying qualification (eg A1/V1/TAQA)
- Registered practitioner with the EWC (Wales only)
- Occupational competence within the education and skills sector
- Strong administration ability with a keen eye for detail
- Highly organised and punctual
- Digitally competent and confident
- Full driving license, willing to travel across South Wales